This Policy outlines how we at coco & tini collect, use and disclose your personal information. We may amend this Policy from time to time, and any changes will be posted on the Web Site and will apply to activities and information on a going forward basis. You are encouraged to review this Policy on an ongoing basis to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide to us will be used.
This Policy does not apply to third party web sites to which we may provide links.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced and includes your name, email address and other personal contact information, but does not include business contact information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect and use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you concerning our products and services;
- Responding to questions you submit;
- Providing our services to you;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Notifying you about changes to our services and sending you offerings of new products and
Providing us with your Personal Information is strictly voluntary and indicates your consent to the uses we describe in this Policy.
Your Choices for Personal Information Collection and Use
Newsletters - When you use this Web Site, you may be given the option of receiving recurring informational newsletters via email from us. In order to subscribe to such newsletters via email, we need your contact information, such as name and email address. You can unsubscribe from the newsletters by following the directions in any email newsletter.
We will not collect or use Personal Information for purposes other than those described in this Policy unless we have obtained your prior consent. If we propose to use Personal Information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for those other purposes.
You can decline to submit Personal Information, in which case Coco & tini may not be able to provide services to you.
We only disclose Personal Information to other companies or individuals outside of coco & tini in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive Personal Information.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing Personal Information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use or disclosure of Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (c) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of, coco & tini, its users or the public;
- As required or permitted by law.
- To another entity as part of a merger, a sale of assets or all or part of a business, or any other corporate change or re-organization.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us against unauthorized access or disclosure.
We restrict access to Personal Information to coco & tini employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information in our control is accurate and complete.
We will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes stated above, as required for legal or business purposes or as required by law. Subsequently, we will destroy, erase, or make anonymous such information. However, we will retain for at least one year personal information that has been used to make a decision about a client, customer or employee.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
You may request access and/or corrections to your Personal Information. We will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If we reject your request for a correction, we will make a notation of such request and rejection on your file or Personal Information. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or would jeopardize the privacy of others.
Enforcement & Questions
coco & tini regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or coco & tini’s treatment of Personal Information by contacting our privacy officer at email@example.com.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is coco & tini's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between coco & tini and an individual. If you are located in British Columbia, you may also contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia at P.O. Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Govt., Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 9A4, tel. (250) 387-5629, fax (250) 387-1696.